Verifying Information in Challenging Environments for Citizen Monitors
- Crowdsourcing is the collecting of information, ideas or content from a large group of people, particularly from an online community.
- You do not need to invest a lot of money to engage in crowdsourcing; SMS or the Internet are great resources to use.
- Crowdsourcing gives you access to a higher quantity and variety of information.
- You need be a cautious when crowdsourcing because sometimes information is from a source you do not know; therefore, you need to test the validity of the information.
- Collecting and presenting factual information is critical to the success of any advocacy initiative.
- False information can harm your credibility and your message.