Documenting Human Rights Violations in Challenging Environments
Divided into five lessons, the course outlines a methodology for documenting human rights abuses, focusing on how to collect data and stories and how to report on these with accuracy, impartiality and objectivity.
The course is divided into the following lessons: understanding the basics; collecting information through public sources; collecting information from specific sources; using text, video and audio; and navigating the collection process in challenging and dangerous environments. At the end of each lesson, you will take a short quiz to reinforce what you have learned.
By the time you finish this lesson, you will be able to:
- Understanding the basics;
- Collecting information through public sources;
- Collecting information from specific sources;
- Using text, video and audio; and
- Navigating the collection process in challenging and dangerous environments.
Having a methodology for collecting information will allow you to provide an impartial, accurate assessment which can provide a basis for further action.